Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Temporarily Out of Service

I generally don't like things to end. Put another way, I'm a great starter but a poor finisher. At the same time, I seek clarity, purpose, and resolution in my life, so I tend to recognize when something isn't working properly or needs refinement.

In this case, I am referring to my blog. After 164 posts, I've learned alot about myself and about blogging. I've often felt energized when sharing and often felt annoyed by self-induced pressure to keep writing. The most important lesson I've learned, however, is that I want to write and I believe I have something valuable to say.

Just not now.


Our family is in a stage of life that is insane. Or maybe I just feel insane. Either way, finding time to write creatively, or prophetically, or just for fun, is a stress that I can't handle at the moment. Also, I've taken alot of inspiration from other blogs, and I've realized that I need more focus and direction if I want mine to last. I want to feel like I'm serving my readers and developing a blog that you can count on.

So I'm (temporarily) stepping away from this blog for awhile. My hope is to take the next 6-12 months to pray, play, brainstorm, and write, in order to discover what it is that I really want to say and how I want to say it. I WELCOME YOUR SUGGESTIONS, FEEDBACK, AND HELP in this process! Would you take the time to:
  • let me know what post(s) have particularly touched you? what was meaningful about those words?
  • what you wished I wrote more about? is there something you want to know my thoughts about or an area of my life that you wished I shared more?
  • tell me what you think my strengths are (as a writer, artist, Christian, friend, general human being)? what topics might I be particularly gifted to speak on? 
  • give me any suggestions, tips, or other feedback related to me as a person or my blog? 
  • share your favorite blogs with me? Why do you love them?
 Email me your thoughts - ANYTIME - to ndever1979[at]gmail[dotcom].

In the meantime, if you want to follow our New York City journey and adventures, please check out our Tumblr site: DevereauxsInNYC. Every month, we share specific NYC updates; we post weekly on other fun news, such as before/after pics of our house and encouraging stories about life. Plus, you'll see regular pictures of our adorable girls.

Thank you for your prayers, comments, and support! Can't wait to make a big comeback in a year or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment