Saturday, October 8, 2011

02.10.11 Ten: A Mini-Series

I blatantly stole this from someone else because I thought it'd be a fun and easy series of posts.  However, as I look it over, I can tell I'm going to struggle with more than one of these.  Starting with today -

Day 1: 10 Things I'd like to say to 10 different people right now.
  This is difficult because I like to think I'm the kind of person who says what I want (or need) to when the occasion arises.  So, this topic challenges me to consider - why haven't I said these things already, to these people?  What is holding me back?  In some cases, it is because I know these words won't change the situation, so they seem better left unsaid.  But in other circumstances, I haven't said this because I know it will hurt the person, perhaps unnecessarily, although I hope my intention is to actually improve our relationship.  Regardless of the reason, these 10 things have not been said to the unnamed 10 people --
  1. I wish you had invested more time in our relationship when I was growing up so that I wouldn't now feel that I'm just starting to know you (as you are about to leave).
  2. I am sad whenever I speak with you because I see fear and anxiety paralyze and prevent you from enjoying the incredible life you could have. 
  3. I am so deeply hurt that you hated her more than you loved me.
  4. i have a hard time believing that you like me, or anyone, because i always feel a spirit of criticism coming from you.
  5. Even though my life looks nothing like what you'd want for me, I think you would be proud of me.
  6. You have shown me what really matters in life (and you make it so beautiful).
  7. Stop resisting Jesus.
  8. I know in my head that you respect and appreciate me but I still don't feel valued.
  9. All i really want is for you to love Jesus - everything else is just gravy.
  10. I am sorry that I did not know how to be a good friend to you. 
And here's what's coming up in the rest of the series --
  • Day Two: Nine things about me
  • Day Three: Eight ways to win my heart.
  • Day Four: Seven things that cross my mind a lot.
  • Day Five: Six things I wish I'd never done.
  • Day Six: Five people who mean a lot (in no order whatsoever).
  • Day Seven: Four things I want in a romantic partner.
  • Day Eight: Three of my favorite possessions.
  • Day Nine: Two images that describe my life or myself right now.
  • Day Ten: One confession.

No comments:

Post a Comment