Sing to him, sing praises to him; tell of all his wondrous works!
Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice!
Seek the LORD and his strength;seek his presence continually!
Remember the wondrous works that he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he uttered,
O offspring of Abraham, his servant, children of Jacob, his chosen ones!
Do you often remember what God has done for you - and then share his wonderful work with the people around you? I love hearing God-sized stories, and I can't wait to tell all of mine to Maren. Here are just the briefest remembrances of some of God's gifts over the years --
- when, in one month, we lost 2 sources of income and gained an expense...we knew we needed to move out of our now too-expensive apartment but felt like we should wait on God rather than look for a new place. just weeks later, we received a phone call from friends we hadn't seen in years, who were now caretakers in an apartment building and needed new renters for a space that was exactly the price we had determined we could pay
- during my last week in my corporate job, I had only raised 25% of the financial support that I needed to enter into a ministry internship and didn't have the funds to purchase a plane ticket to go to Nigeria...then received a call that someone had anonymously purchased the ticket for me
- when I was pregnant and needed a job and again felt that I wasn't supposed to look, but rather, wait - and God laid the perfect one in my lap
- when Maren wanted to ride her tricycle outside a couple weeks ago, but couldn't pedal so I had to bend over and push her for blocks...and I was thinking about how nice it would be to have one of those tricycles with the push-bar for parents. and a couple days later, a woman from our church emailed me to ask if we'd like her daughter's push-trike
- after Maren was born and I thought I would never perform again, but then it seemed like God wanted me to. So I told him that I wasn't going to audition anymore and that I wanted to work with a core group of artists so that I could really love on them...and then Sandbox Theatre asked me to become an ensemble member
- all the times that I've been on a bus, train, or plane and asked God to give me opportunities to talk with people about Jesus - every single time he has answered that prayer
What about you? Will you share a work that God has done for you?