Saturday, October 8, 2011

03.26.11 A Confession: The Series Ends

From the beginning of the series, I knew this day was coming.  What terrible awful secret would I confess to you, my unknown, unseen, readers?

Well, I'm not going to go there.  I've now considered the nature and purpose of confession.  Generally, we associate a confession with an admittance of guilt or wrongdoing; in this sense, the reason to confess would either be to accept the punishment due or to ask for forgiveness.  If I had some misdeed that needed to be confessed, then, I should bring it to the offended party, which, in this case, is probably not you.  Unless you are offended by Christians in general, in which case I refer you here.

A confession can also represent my principles, e.g., a statement of faith or beliefs.  But if you follow my blog at all, you probably have a good idea of what principles govern my life.

So, unfortunately, you are left with only some potentially humorous and maybe self-deprecating confessions that I can share here.  And I'm going to be honest, this is the first confession that popped into my head: I confess that I really want to see the Justin Bieber movie.

I also confess that I now feel compelled to justify and explain myself but I fear that, if I do so, I will not really be taking full advantage of the purpose of confession - which is most certainly not to defend myself.  So, I remain silent....until next time, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment