Saturday, October 29, 2011

07.13.2011 32!

In honor of my 32nd birthday, I'm going to share 32 things that I'm grateful for! Happy happy birthday to me.

1. I'm grateful that, by the grace of God, I am a better person than I was last year.
2. I am grateful for an adoring and supportive husband who, every single day for the last 11 years, has said sincerely and without prompting, "I love you" and "you're beautiful."
3. I am grateful for SUNSHINE.
4. I am grateful for my oven that I got for free 5 years ago and which doesn't ever read the correct temperature but is still working.
5. I am grateful for my hilarious, joyful, and amazing daughter.
6. I am grateful for fresh fruit at farmers' markets.
7. I am grateful for a healthy body that can dance at whim.
8. I am grateful for my crazy wild first-time garden.
9. I am grateful for my artistic home.
10. I am grateful that my hair grows so quickly that I can donate it at least 15 times in my life.
11. I am grateful for the Total Money Makeover that is changing our financial future!
12. I am grateful for working cars.
13. I am grateful for hot showers.
14. I am grateful for loving relationships with my in-laws.
15. I am grateful for all the people who forgave my big mouth and harsh words - and confronted me on it.
16. I am grateful for sunrises.
17. I am grateful that people invite me into their lives (and ask for my opinion!).
18. I am grateful that I've switched jobs so frequently.
19. I am grateful that I've traveled so much.
20. I am grateful for a church family that truly cares about me. 
21. I am grateful that Maren wakes me up with big smiles, silly songs, and gentle kisses.
22. I am grateful that Jesus made me his bride.
23. I am grateful for Dairy Queen ice cream cakes.
24. I am grateful that I can take moments of stillness each day.
25. I am grateful for warm towels fresh from the dryer.
26. I am grateful for challenges.
27. I am grateful for the person who gave me $800 the day before bills were due that I could not pay.
28. I am grateful for home-cooked meals shared over hours around a table with friends.
29. I am grateful for all the saints who went before me.
30. I am grateful for handwritten letters.
31. I am grateful to be a woman.
32. I am grateful that God is still hard at work in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment